[Gambas-user] Compiling instruction not updated

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Wed Jul 16 22:45:05 CEST 2014

On di, 2014-07-15 at 16:46 -0400, Pino Zollo wrote:
> Applying: On Mint 17 Mate
>
> sudo apt-get install build-essential g++ autoconf libbz2-dev
> libmysqlclient-dev unixodbc-dev libpq-dev libsqlite0-dev libsqlite3-dev
> libglib2.0-dev libgtk2.0-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libgtkglext1-dev
> libpcre3-dev libsdl-sound1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev
> libsage-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev librsvg2-dev libpoppler-dev
> libpoppler-glib-dev libasound2-dev libesd0-dev libdirectfb-dev
> libxtst-dev libffi-dev libqt4-dev libglew1.5-dev libimlib2-dev
> libv4l-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libgnome-keyring-dev libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev
> linux-libc-dev libgstreamer1.0-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev
> libcairo2-dev libgsl0-dev libncurses5-dev libgmime-2.6-dev llvm-3.1-dev
> libalure-dev libgmp-dev
>
> as from the Gambas page

As from the Gambas page as well, the IMPORTANT note that needs to be
taken into account (on the Gambas page
(http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install/ubuntu) , just a little below the,
by you mentioned, sudo apt-get):

"Note: For trunk version you might need to install more dependencies as
new components get developed.
For more recent versions of Ubuntu you might also need higher versions
of dependencies.
For example for Trusty (14.04) you need to install llvm-3.3-dev or
llvm-3.4-dev instead of llvm-3.1-dev.
For availability of packages in your specific distribution version see A
note on package dependencies"

> I get:
>

> Creando árbol de dependencias
> Leyendo la información de estado... Hecho
> E: No se ha podido localizar el paquete llvm-3.1-dev
> E: No se pudo encontrar ningún paquete con la expresión regular
> «llvm-3.1-dev»

> Please which is the updated lit of libraries ?...
>
> as form ./configure -C I get:

> || THESE COMPONENTS ARE DISABLED:
> || - gb.jit

So installing llvm-3.4-dev or llvm-3.4-dev should get gb.jit enabled.
Installing llvm-3.1-dev doens't work on Trusty (Mint 17), but does on
Precise (Mint 13). That's why the notes are important.

> || - gb.qt4.opengl
> || - gb.qt4.webkit

Strange cause installing libqt4-dev should pull in all needed
dependencies to get both gb.qt4.opengl as gb.qt4.webkit going
See: http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/libqt4-dev

> ...at least I should have qt4 complete.

Yes, you should.