[Gambas-user] Support for offline help

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jul 13 19:41:46 CEST 2014

Hi,

Since revision #6374, I added support for offline help in the IDE!

How does it work?

You have a new option in the option dialog to enable/disable offline
help. If you enable it, then you get a button to download a tar.bz2
archive of the gambas wiki. This archive is then uncompressed inside
your home directory (in '~/.local/share/gambas3/wiki' to be exact), and
the HTML is generated on the fly while you browse the documentation.

The archive is generated "by hand" at the moment on the wiki server.
There is a timestamp file (http://gambaswiki.org/timestamp) so that the
IDE know if the offline help is up to date.

Please test it and report any problem, because this is very fresh code. :-)

I hope you will enjoy this often requested feature.

Benoît Minisini