[Gambas-user] MTHeme error...

Stephen sbungay at ...3301...
Thu Jul 10 15:26:50 CEST 2014

  On 07/10/2014 08:46 AM, Tobias Boege wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2014, Stephen wrote:
>>     Thank you Tobias.
>>
>>     Hmmmm... it (MTheme.ReadFile) is looking for a subdir off /tmp with
>> the name of gambas. I created the subdir manually and gambas3-3.5.4 now
>> starts up as it should.
>>     Perhaps a change to the MTheme.module is warranted, check for the
>> existence of the directories referenced in sPath, create them if need
>> be, then copy sPath to sTemp. Just a thought.
>>
> Hmm, interesting. From _init(), ReadFile("gambas") gets called, which
> constructs a path "theme/gambas" to load the default theme which is then
> copied to a temporary location, which is the famous line 59.
>
> But the path to copy the theme file to is obtained from Temp$() so if this
> directory doesn't exist, some node in the path /tmp/gambas.UID/PID/ does not
> exist (which would be strange) or Temp$() is broken...
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

Triple(Hmmm). It was the Temp$() function in the code that sent me off
to eye-ball the /tmp directory and resultantly discover that no 'gambas'
subdir existed. Manually creating the directory resolved the issue, so
it looks like the code

copy sPath to sTemp

is working fine... where sPath = "theme/gambas" and sTemp = /Tmp

which would mean that Temp$() is returning the correct information.
--

Kindest Regards
Stephen A. Bungay, Prop.