[Gambas-user] TextEdit (and TextArea) Drag & Drop inconsistencies

Orionis linux at ...3345...
Fri Jul 4 15:48:26 CEST 2014

On a form I have a TexEdit and a TextArea.
I need to be able to select part of the text in the TextEdit with MouseDrag,
but without the ability to move the selected text around or to drop it
somewhere.
During testing I found the following:
- with MouseDrag disabled (stop event) I can't move the text (that's ok) but
I can not select a part (actually, the first character is selected
anyway...I thought it should not)
- with MouseDrag enabled, I select what I want, but I can also move the
selection around inside the the control (this is not acceptable).
- the DragMove event is never raised during this operation, so stopping it
is unuseful.

Please note that the TextEdit  Drop property is disabled.
I also noticed that with MouseDrag enabled I can drag and drop from TextEdit
over the TextArea, which also has the Drop property disabled, so possibly I
have two problems.

Is there any way to obtain what I need (or am I doing it wrong) ?

System:
Xubuntu 13.10 XFCE