[Gambas-user] Get structure from extern function?

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Fri Jul 4 10:37:32 CEST 2014

Hello,

I tried to use your library, but I receive this notice/error:

" Cannot find dynamic library: ...etc..etc..: wrong ELF class: ELFCASS32 "

so, because I suppose it was written for an 386 system. (Isn't it ?)

I am not able to create a shared library from a free Pascal code.

bye
vuott

Ven 4/7/14, CJ <lists at ...2828...> ha scritto:

 Oggetto: Re: [Gambas-user] Get structure from extern function?
 A: gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
 Data: Venerdì 4 luglio 2014, 02:00

 Sorry if this message appears twice on the list, had some
 issues posting
 again...

 > Can you show the C code of that shared library ?

 It's a shared library written in Free Pascal 2.6.2. Attached
 is source code
 as
 well as a compiled library for Xubuntu 14.xx (i386), it's
 very basic code...

 To install the library copy the file libtest.so to
 "/usr/local/lib" and then
 type "ldconfig".

 In the library are two functions exported. Tripple is only
 there to see that
 the library works...

   Tripple
   LIBVersion

 The simple Gambas 3 demo first calls Tripple with "3" as an
 argument and
 then
 calls LIBVersion() but crashes the interpreter with a
 Segmentation fault
 (11) message.

 Comment out the call to LIBVersion() and you should see "9"
 on the form.

 /CJ

 -----Segue allegato-----

 Open source business process management suite built on Java
 and Eclipse
 Turn processes into business applications with Bonita BPM
 Community Edition
 Quickly connect people, data, and systems into organized
 workflows
 http://p.sf.net/sfu/Bonitasoft
 -----Segue allegato-----