[Gambas-user] Long C routine

Thu Jan 30 23:13:00 CET 2014

> Not backgroud, as the user cannot do much while that routine is working,
> but I need the program look at least alive as Ubuntu blackens the window.

You can run it in background if you lock GUI (or at least buttons etc) and
perhaps show progress bar etc.

> Also, I read that in some cases JIT is faster than C.

Probably not.

This is wrong, if the c declaration is correct:
Public Extern M8gauss(mfMatriz As Float[], vfX As Float[], vfTermns As
Float[], lOrder As Long) As Long

Should be:
Public Extern M8gauss(mfMatriz As Pointer, vfX As Pointer, vfTermns As
Pointer, lOrder As Long) As Long

Jussi