[Gambas-user] Tasks

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Tue Jan 28 13:26:13 CET 2014

Hi Benoit,

I'm currently working on a new viewer for reports. As drawing report in
real time is quite long, I use images stored in a collection to have a
buffer.

I have trying to use task to process the painting of the report on an image
that I return through the value, like you are doing in fractal example.

So in the _new I'm giving theses args :

(Hreport as report, ipage as integer, fscale, iwidth, iheight)

Then the main sub call $hreport.paint($ipage) to draw the page

But a this point report class return an I/O error... Why ?

Can't I use a class instantiate in the main processus in the slave one ?

In other hand, is there a way to re-use a task class after the return
without instanciate it a new time, and if it's possible, how to run it with
new args.

Fabien