[Gambas-user] Question on ByteArray > 63 elements

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Jan 28 13:05:02 CET 2014

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014, wally wrote:
> > Le 26/01/2014 18:03, wally a ?crit :
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> i need to write more than 63 Bytes to an Byte[] in a structure.
> >>
> >> How to do this job ?
> >>
> >> mini example attached
> >>

> >> thank you wally
> >>
> > Since revision #6110 the number of elements in the array constructor
> > operator ([ ... ]) is now only limited by the maximum function size,
> > which should lead to about 32000 elements, depending on what you put in
> > your array.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > -- Beno?t Minisini
>
> Benoit,
>
> may you please explain what the "maximum function size" is and which
> limits to take care here.
> If possible as an example.
>
> and another maybe also silly question concerning:
>
> http://gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb/string/byte?v3
> http://gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb/string/pos?v3
>

> DIM iInd AS Integer
>
> FOR iInd = 1 TO 6
>    PRINT String.Pos("Beno?t", iInd); " ";
> NEXT
> PRINT
>
> 1 2 3 4 5 7
>

> What does this function do ?
> (I recall "POS" as find position of string inside another string)
>
> "Returns the position of the character of index _Index_ in the string."
> isn't the position of character in a string already the index ?

The example above shows you that it isn't. The i-circonflexe in Benoit
(sorry, my keymap is ASCII-only) is a wide (multi-byte) character and this
is the difference between the position of a character in a string and the
plain index into the string (as an array of bytes).

Regards,
Tobi