[Gambas-user] sdl Draw event overhead is killing frame rate

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jan 27 13:52:59 CET 2014

Le 27/01/2014 13:43, Benoît Minisini a écrit :

> It's difficult for me to test as we have differents cards.
>
> But as soon as we are sure that the CPU core running the Gambas program
> is 10O% busy, (i.e. there is no vsync), we can run the program with
> valgrind and use kcachegrind to detect which function consumes CPU.
>
> I will do that with my intel card. Just do the same, with your program,
> or the glxgears example.
>
> To run valgrind:
>
> $ cd /my/gambas/project
> $ valgrind --tool=callgrind --num-callers=50 gbx3
> ^C
> $ kcachegrind callgrind.out.<pid>
>
> Regards,

OK, apparently there is a problem in the SDL source code: it creates a
TTF font each time the Draw event is called! I don't know why it does
that, I will investigate...

--
Benoît Minisini