[Gambas-user] Tooltip help using HTML.

Sam sammy_dadds at ...43...
Sat Jan 25 04:49:55 CET 2014

Hi all,

   I'm having a problem with the tooltips.  It works fine with regular
text but when I use HTML for a multi-line tooltip the results are not
predictable.  Most of the time an extra blank line shows up at the
bottom. Seems like it might be wrapping if the last line is shorter (yes
shorter).

   A code example looks like :

Dim sHTML AS String

     sHTML &= "<html>"
     sHTML &= "<table cellpadding=1>"
     sHTML &= "</table>"
     sHTML &= "</html>"

     gvEvents.Tooltip = sHTML

   It does not seem to matter if the "<html>" tag is included or not or
if the attribute values are enclosed
in single or double quotes.  The table cells can have different colors
or font sizes and works fine.  Just a
strange extra line at the bottom (not always).  Any idea?  I've tried
numerous simple HTML snippets
that work fine and wonder if it is just the fact of the <table> inside.

   I've been developing a MIDI app using the ALSA API which works well
but I'm surprised there is
not a wrapper already out there for Gambas, anyone already written one?

   The opaque structures and macros for hiding the actual implementation
are a good design for C but not so nice for Gambas. I gave up on the
timing callback thinking the callback cannot occur properly since they
are on different threads. I have a separate player and a GUI that
communicate via pipes, works good.

  Thanks for Gambas!  I come home from a day of Java abstract
frameworks, inversion of control, more
and more bloat and just write stuff that is fun and actually works.

Sam