[Gambas-user] Issue 497 in gambas: When date is formatted in gridview then right click pop up menu doesnot work

Jesus ea7dfh at ...2382...
Sat Jan 25 01:36:26 CET 2014

El 25/01/14 01:02, gambas at ...2524... escribió:
> Updates:
> 	Labels: -3.5.2 Version-3.5.0
>
> Comment #1 on issue 497 by benoit.m... at ...626...: When date is formatted in
> gridview then right click pop up menu doesnot work
> http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=497
>
> Of course: by modifying the GridView contents inside the Data event
> handler, you are triggering a refresh that calls the Data event again and
> again. It eats all the CPU (depending on the GUI toolkit and your system),
> and the GUI becomes unresponsive.
>
> Just don't modify the GridView contents inside the Data event handler. The
> Data event handler is just there for filling the GridView Data property.

Interesting. Then, what is the correct way to do this pulling the
database content in a result object? I's supposed that a result object
brings a date object and its formatting depends on further processing,
provided we are using a datetime type field in our db... Perhaps I am so
slept to see that just now ;-)

Oh! We should then use FORMAT function in sql, should we?

Thanks in advance

--
Jesus Guardon