[Gambas-user] Gambas Future or what kind of Gambas we want.

Fri Jan 24 08:27:13 CET 2014

If that's your only point, Carl

> continue to use it.  To put VB6 onto Windows XP, I insert the CD,
> click a few times, put in my keycode and it is done.  Heaps and heaps
> of online help, both from MS and the net.  The installation process
> for Gambas into Linux, plus other components gets better with time,
> but is still challenging for many, including those with significant
> past programming experience.

I 100 % agree.

There are some more really good projects around in the Linux world, and
usually they take care to have their main releases put into the major
distros regularly - and in a way that lets them integrate flawlessly.

We cannot compare Windows with Linux here, however, as Windows is a
(relatively) homogenous environment whilst Linux PCs can differ in many
more ways. Package management is way more complex here.

Rolf