[Gambas-user] Issue 503 in gambas: Debian packages: Lintian warning debian-changelog-line-too-long

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Thu Jan 23 18:34:20 CET 2014

Owner: ----
Labels: Version-TRUNK Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Linux Dist-Debian
Arch-Any Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 503 by computer... at ...626...: Debian packages: Lintian warning
debian-changelog-line-too-long
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=503

1) Having just built my Gambas project, I see in GDebi (tab lintian output):

W: wikilist: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 21
W: wikilist: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 22
W: wikilist: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 23
W: wikilist: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 29
W: wikilist: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 43

Wikipedia tells me this:
N:   The given line of the latest changelog entry is over 80 columns. Such
N:   changelog entries may look poor in terminal windows and mail messages
N:   and be annoying to read. Please wrap changelog entries at 80 columns
N:   or less where possible.

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

Version: TRUNK (probably)
Operating system: Linux
Architecture: All

3) How to solve this bug/warning

Please insert a line break after 80 characters when compiling a Gambas
project to DEB. Since this affects Debian packages, this warning is also
present on Ubuntu and its derivatives.