[Gambas-user] multi document interface

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jan 20 01:15:28 CET 2014

Le 14/01/2014 09:50, Willy Raets a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have a small example of working with a multi document
> interface. I need one toolbar that works with all opened documents?
>
> For example a toolbar with a copy and paste button that can copy a text
> from one of the opened documents and paste it into an other opened
> document in the multi document interface.
>
> What is the best approach of achieving this? Any suggestions or a small
> example would be appreciated.

The IDE does not fit your needs? It has a main window with a main
toolbar, and MDI child windows with their own private toolbars.

Then you create your Toolbar, fill them with ToolButton, ComboBox...

The toolbar Key property must be set.

The Action property of all toolbar controls must be set too.

If a toolbar button has a corresponding menu, the menu must have the
same action.

If an action is local to a MDI window (for example, in the IDE, two form
editors have its own instance of the same toolbar), it must start with a
dot. Read all the documentation of the Action class.

Benoît Minisini