[Gambas-user] Positioning the editor to a specific line and making it visible

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Wed Jan 15 08:31:25 CET 2014

On Wed, 2014-01-15 at 03:44 +0100, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 15/01/2014 01:44, Bruce a écrit :
> > I can't work out how to do this.

blah, blah, blah

> > tia
> > Bruce
> >

> The CurrentLine is for highlighting the current line of code during a
> debugging session.
>
> Use the Editor.Goto() method instead.
>
> Regards,

Well, that makes sense. But I tried it and it still didn't show the
indicated line.

I tried a work-around as follows:

  If gvwToolbars.Column = 1 Then
    iLine = edtFormDef.FindNextWord(skey, 0)
    edtFormDef.Goto(iline, 0, True)
    Desktop.SendKeys("[Begin]{[Shift_L][End]}")  <== this works
    TabStrip1.Index = IDX_DEFFILE
  Endif

Then suddenly, while I was writing this, I had a brainwave!

This works:
  If gvwToolbars.Column = 1 Then
    iLine = edtFormDef.FindNextWord(skey, 0)
    TabStrip1.Index = IDX_DEFFILE  <== This is the trick
    edtFormDef.Goto(iline, 0, True)
  Endif

by making the editor control active (its the only control on the
TabStrip1[IDX_DEFFILE] tab) BEFORE doing the Goto all of a sudden it all
becomes magic again.

Phew! I was getting (more) worry lines reading the IDE code and seeing
the FGotoLine work but I couldn't.

Cest la vie!
Bruce

p.s. Probably suggests a help file comment, but I'm two days behind
schedule now. I'll see to it when I catch up.