[Gambas-user] Menu Show Event with Unity desktop

Greg Raffaelle greg.raffaelle at ...2755...
Mon Jan 13 20:15:46 CET 2014

 >Le 09/01/2014 05:07, Greg Raffaelle a écrit :
 > I set the environment variable APPMENU_DISPLAY_BOTH=1 as suggested and
 > the program menu is now displayed on both the global unity menu at the
 > top of the screen and on the main form.
 >
 > However, I still believe the program main class is only receiving show
 > menu events from the menu on the main form.  The attached pdf shows two
 > screen shots with the program file menu displayed.  The image on the
 > left is the file menu displayed from the top menu and the one of the
 > right is the file menu displayed from the main form.  In the main class
 > I use the file menu _show() event to displayed recently opened file
 > names as items 1 through 5 at the bottom of the file menu.  On the left
 > image you can see that item 1 is blank but on the right image the file
 > name test2.bps appears besides item 1.  I did not perform any other
 > program operations between these two screen shots so the file menus
 > should have been displayed the same.  Also note the underlining of short
 > cut letters (keys) does not show on the file menu in the right image.
 > When I set a breakpoint on the show menu event sub in the main class the
 > program does not stop when the file menu is selected from the top menu,
 > but it does stop when the same menu is selected on the main form.
 >
 > Any suggestions on getting the two menu to display the same would be
 > appreciated.
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Greg
 >

 >I'm afraid there is no solution.
 >
 >The "AppMenu" protocol made by Ubuntu is poorly documented, and it >seems
 >that there is no way to be warned when a external menu is shown.
 >
 >Regards,
 >
 >--
 >Benoît Minisini

I was using the gb.gui component in my project when I reported the menu
problems with Ubuntu Unity Desktop in my email above.

However, when I switched to using gb.qt4 instead of gb.gui the showmenu
event and underlining of shortcut menu letters works correctly.

Thanks,
Greg