[Gambas-user] Issue 484 in gambas: IDE and Runtime show different stock icons

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Sun Jan 12 01:03:25 CET 2014

Comment #4 on issue 484 by adamn... at ...626...: IDE and Runtime show
different stock icons
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=484

OK, I think I've got to the bottom of this. It is an LXDE (and Mageia
(whatever)) issue. It relates how it handles "not finding" an icon in
/usr/share/icons/theme/...

(I had to nearly delete every theme off these boxes in order to find where
the different icons lived.)

Whatever you are doing in the toolbox CalcIconSize() method (and GetIcon)
or perhaps way down deep inside Picture if you refer to an icon file that
doesn't exist at the location specified, "it" whatever it is inside
LXDE/Openbox goes and finds something it deems suitable. How it does that
is beyond me, but it looks like it could have something to do with the mime
database.

Anyway, having found that neither box had a Tango/16/package.png it got the
one it displayed from somewhere else.  I have made a 16/package.png by
copying the one in the IDE version and now it all works.

Sorry, about the noise, but close this one.