[Gambas-user] rendering text in a GLArea

terco IDE tercoide at ...67...
Sat Jan 11 02:18:40 CET 2014

> >> Le 10/01/2014 16:56, terco IDE a ?crit :

> >> Look at the PdfPresentation example, it uses a GLArea. And I don't know
> >> what you mean by *not* using OpenGL to draw in a GLArea.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Beno?t Minisini
> >>

> > funny, it's the only OpenGL example I can't run: program freezes while showing the Openfile dialog.
>
> Indeed, with gb.gtk. But it works with gb.qt4...
>
> > Tried this workaround:
> >
> > Dialog.Title = ("Select a PDF file")
> > Dialog.Filter = ["*.pdf", ("PDF files")]
> >    'If Dialog.OpenFile() Then Return   ' FREEZES HERE
> >    'workaround (its a valid path)
> >   sPath = User.home &/ "CIRSOC tablas de perfiles.pdf" 'Dialog.Path
> >   txtPath.Text = sPath
> >
> > but only shows a rotating cube with the gambas logo.
>
> You must press the SPACE key then.
>
> --
> Beno?t Minisini

Got it working after moving code from glaPresentation_KeyPress to Form_KeyPress, but it's not the
kind of text rendering I need because the GLArea will be a mixed between a structure (a building) some text data.