[Gambas-user] Issue 493 in gambas: IDE Refresh Project button doesn't reload symbolic links

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Wed Jan 8 04:28:57 CET 2014

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 493 by adamn... at ...626...: IDE Refresh Project button doesn't
reload symbolic links
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=493

1) Describe the problem.
We have a set of pop-up forms in a set of related projects that we re-use
in each project simply by creating a symbolic link to the form.  If I am
editting the pop-up in the project it lives in and save it, then go to
another project that uses that form and click the refresh button, it
doesn't reload the linked form. In other words it still uses the version it
loaded when the project was opened.

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

Version: TRUNK
Revision: r6068
Operating system: Linux
Architecture: x86
GUI component: QT4
Desktop used: LXDE

3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.

4) If your project needs a database, try to provide it, or part of it.
NA

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.
Open two IDEs, one for project "AAA" and one for "BBB"
Create a Form in project AAA
Save it (or save the project)
In project BBB link the form
In project AAA, change something in the form, say the title and save it
In project BBB click the project refresh button and open the linked form.
--> the title has not changed.