[Gambas-user] feature suggestions: detach and rearrange tabs

Wed Feb 19 03:11:15 CET 2014

I don't know how difficult this would be, but if detachable tabs could
be implemented (think Chrome browser), that would be awesome. Tangential
to that would be the ability to rearrange tabs by dragging and dropping,
or perhaps doing a right-click "Sort by Name".

Having them detachable would allow productive use of a multi-head setup.
Often I find myself switching back and forth between two procedures in a
very long module, or needing to use one code block as a reference as I'm
writing code elsewhere. I often resort to pasting the code in a text
editor on my right monitor.

I know there is a split pane option, but sometimes a program gets a
little crazy and you have 10000 lines of code in a module with some
300-character-long lines; that is difficult to work with even in a
non-split view. Perhaps for GAMBAS 4?

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues