[Gambas-user] How to group on reports using gb.report?

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Tue Feb 18 17:18:34 CET 2014

Hi All,

I have been working with reports now for a while. The examples and some
help from Fabien proved to be very useful.
I managed porting the most simple reports made in Ms Access to
gb.report.

But at the moment I'm stuck with something I can't figure out.
Since the project is big and data confidential I'll try and explain
using some sample data.

Imagine I have following data
Code	Description	Amount
103	Table		0
103	Table		20
103	Table		12
105	Chair		46
105	Chair		34
106	Bed		0
106	Bed		0
106	Bed		9
203	Pool table	2
203	Pool table	3

I'm trying to group by code and make a total for each group.

In Ms Access I based the report on a query that filters out the Amount
fields equal to 0. The grouping on the Code field could be done in the
report design.

With gb.report I have tried all kinds of different combinations of
controls and property settings and never managed to get the desired
result.

I would like the report to like this:

Articles produced     <-- header of the report (only on page 1)

Code	Description	Amount
------------------------------
103	Table		20
103	Table		12
	Total:		32

Code	Description	Amount
------------------------------
105	Chair		46
105	Chair		34
	Total:		80

Code	Description	Amount
------------------------------
106	Bed		9
	Total:		9

Code	Description	Amount
------------------------------
203	Pool table	2
203	Pool table	3
	Total:		5

The number of groups is no fixed number, meaning there can be more
groups than shown above. In the reports I need this grouping we are
talking multi paged reports.

An example doing this would be very helpful and help me get quite some
of the left over Ms Access reports ported to Gambas.

P.S. Using Gambas 3.5.2

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)