[Gambas-user] media component syntax and the gstreamer filesink

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at ...3298...
Fri Feb 14 23:42:51 CET 2014

Le Fri, 14 Feb 2014 19:37:53 +0100,
Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...626...> a écrit :

> and ? it's?

It's to add
  $hOutput["location"] = "wavegenerator.flac"

  $hPlayer = New MediaPipeline
  $hAudio = New MediaControl($hPlayer, "audiotestsrc")
  $hConv = New MediaControl($hPlayer, "flacenc")
  $hOutput = New MediaControl($hPlayer, "filesink"])
  $hOutput["location"] = "wavegenerator.flac"
  ' Set the pipeline
  $hAudio.LinkTo($hConv)
  $hConv.LinkTo($hOutput)

But I get another issue now. MediaPipeline have 4 methods: Play, Pause,
Stop and Quit.

Play is used to start the playing, and when I click on
the Play button, I get the file.

When I click on the Play button a second time, GStreamer pause and the
file is still here and I can play it with mplayer and alsaplayer. aplay
play it but give garbage at the output. mplayer sound is the best, but
it never stop the playing. Alsaplayer sound is a little bit choppy and
the duration display is lost.

And when I quit the wavegenerator, the file is still here, but its
content is erased and give a 0 bit file. I googled a lot, but didn't
find nothing that helped.

In the play/pause function, I try to replace
  $hPlayer.Pause
by
  $hPlayer.Stop
but the issue remain the same.

When quitting, $hPlayer.Quit is called, and that's what reinitialize the
file to a 0 length file. Another issue is it look like to be no
duration information in the file before its reinitialization to 0.

I googled a lot, but didn't find nothing that helped.

Dominique