[Gambas-user] Super Events. Are they posible?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Feb 13 19:17:44 CET 2014

For information:

In Gambas, KeyPress events on a control are sent to the form that
contains the control first. That way you have to write one event handler
for each form only.

And if your application has a lot of forms opened at the same time, you
are rewriting the GIMP. :-)

Le 12/02/2014 18:43, Jorge Carrión a écrit :
> It's posible to raise a Super Event? ("Super" like in Superman, not in
> oop).
> I mean to create a Event that works in every part of the application.
> I am developing a very large proyect with docens of forms and I've a form
> calle HelpForm wich implements a Help system for the user sensible to last
> control used for search help about it .
>
> What I want is a method like this
>
> Public sub SUPER_Key_Release( key as integer)
>
>   dim help as formHelp
>
>    if key.code=key.F1 then
>         fHelp = new formHelp(lastcontrol)
>         fHelp.show
>    endif
> end
>
>   Press F1 in whatever Form inside or outside of whatever control and get
> acces to a FormHelp.
>
> In other words: a Event that I must declare only once in Application or, at
> least, once in form and affect all controls.
> It's posible to do somenthing like that?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards

Benoît Minisini