[Gambas-user] Continued difficulties using gb.report

Marty McGlensey mmcg29440 at ...3163...
Tue Feb 11 17:38:56 CET 2014

Hi,

A few posts ago I indicated that I was just starting to use gb.report. I
wrote a basic report to show ten names. I got it working with help from
Fabien. I could not send him the project as my email client would not attach
that many files. Well I know that I need a ReportHBox, a ReportVBox and a
Reportfield on the report, I do not understand why these components are
needed. It would be of help for the documentation to explain how to build a
report from scratch.  Now that the report runs there is another quirk. The
ten names are spread out down the page with about one inch space between
them. Not what I would want on a report. I've searched the net and the docs
but I can find how to set the line spacing.  I have also looked at the
examples. Since they are read only I cannot see their properties.

I have used Basic and VB for years and therefore am familiar with Gambas. I
think it is great. Many of the DB functions, complicated in VB, are simple.
Thank you. I guess what I'm asking for is some basic guidance as to how to
code a report and why I'm doing it that way. If somebody in the group wants
to mentor; you can contact me via e-mail directly or via the list. The help
will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marty