[Gambas-user] Accessing Project Data in a Text File

Louis W. Adams, Jr. LouisWAdamsJr at ...3300...
Mon Feb 10 18:55:24 CET 2014

> It is NOT for your program's volatile data! In fact, you cannot write to
> one of these files from within the program (but you can from the IDE.)

The links you suggested were helpful, thanks.  The data in my file is always
used when the program is run, program constants you could say.  I placed the
file in the project directory, so it wasn't necessary to specify a path to
access it.  Most "data sections" in other programming languages that I've
used (e.g., assembler) contain data that reside in memory as part of the
executable, and have addresses that make the data available to the running
program.  I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing things the hard way
by processing a file containing information that was already part of the
(running) program.  I've finished the program, and it works great -- data
file access and all.  The program also creates files, but that's a different
matter.

Lou