[Gambas-user] Wave generator

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at ...3298...
Mon Feb 10 11:00:04 CET 2014

Le Mon, 10 Feb 2014 09:43:23 +0100,
Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...626...> a écrit :

> Really buggy...
>
> First don't use ValueBox but simle textbox as it is just to display
> value (ReadOnly, align right)

If you enter a value and click OK, that value is applied. That is
what I want to do. I first try without the OK button, but the result
was erratic and uncontrollable.

> the i can't get it playing... $hplayer.play can't set staus...
> (Benoit's example run here... so)

Strange, it run fine here, both with the alsasink and the
jackaudiosink. I will compare the 2 versions.

> What is the need of :
> Public Sub QuitGWG()
>
>   $hPlayer.Close
>   FMain.Close
> End
>

> Just put it in Form_Close()
>
> You can call Form_Close() every where even from the menu event, it's a
> regular sub.

Just because I didn't know it before.

> Public Sub MainMenuSub1_Click()
>
>  Form_Close
>
> End
>
> Public Sub Form_Close()
>
>   $hPlayer.Close
>   FMain.Close
>
> End
>
> Prefer the use of an internal variable for the current frequency
> value... Use the Widget at less at possible for storing data.

OK, I will change that. With the actual code, the precision of the
frequency changes with the buttons is not as great than the ones I get
with bc into a shell script (used to control alsaplayer and mplayer
speed). I am sure using a float will improve that.

> Private $fCurFrequency as float
>

> ... Well as this think code is better than explanation sometime...
> this is your code reviewed, feel free to ask questions if you have
> because there is many things corrected.

You made huge change to the menu. I will take a look at it later.

> We are always happy to meet new gambas users ... And we know that
> learning new language concept are difficult even if gambas try to keep
> all as more simple as it can do.

I know. Gambas is not that hard, but it is complex. This is the same
issue with fvwm, which is not only a wm but also a tool-kit for the
Xlib at the same time. And I think that like with fvwm, each piece of
Gambas have its place, and it will take me some time to get the big
picture.

Thank you for the review,
Dominique