[Gambas-user] Accessing Project Data in a Text File

Louis W. Adams, Jr. LouisWAdamsJr at ...3300...
Sat Feb 8 21:18:05 CET 2014

I have a project with a text file associated with it.  So there is a tab
displaying the data imported into the project (?) from the text file.  How
do I access the data?  Since the project is already aware of the data, I
wouldn't think that it's necessary to Open the file and Read its contents as
would be done if the file were not associated with the project.  If it was a
graphics file all I'd have to do is load it into a Picture object.  Is there
a similar way of loading a line of text into a string, or load the contents
of the line into variables based on spaces/tabs/commas that separate data
values?  Some of the data is text (strings of characters without
spaces/tabs/commas), and some are numbers.  It is a UTF-8 file if that makes
a difference.

Lou