[Gambas-user] Need a little help getting things going

Stephen sbungay at ...3301...
Fri Feb 7 21:29:56 CET 2014

   Getting a sore forehead from banging against this wall....
Trying to get gambas 2.2.24.0 up and running on a rather hefty CentOS
box. Here's the specs...

CentOS 6.5 (final)
Kernel: 2.6.32-431.3.10el6.x86_64
GNOME 2.28.2

RAM: 32GB
CPU: AMD FX-8320

reconf-all appeared to complete OK.

./configure produces this as the final result
|| THESE COMPONENTS ARE DISABLED:
|| - gb.jit
|| - gb.media
|| - gb.openal

   OK, nothing to see there, I'm not interested in .media, openal, or
JIT (yet).

Running make produces this tasty morsel...

/usr/bin/ld: .libs/gb_qt4_la-main_moc.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against
`.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
.libs/gb_qt4_la-main_moc.o: could not read symbols: Bad value

Now qt-devel 4.6.2-26.el6_4 x86_64 is installed, can someone help me
understand what the error message is telling me?

Steve.