[Gambas-user] R: morse code sound ?

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...626...
Fri Feb 7 11:57:35 CET 2014

Morse Code is a binary code. An audible binary code. It has two states.
Long tone or short tone. I used the similarity between Morse Code and
Binary ASCII text to help teach how computers represent text in binary many
years ago.

I am sure you could find Morse code audio files (They provide them for free
for studying for HAM license test) and edit out the two tones. Then write
your code to use the gb.sdl.sound component to play the files as needed.
You may also find code files on free audio sites for gaming.

Good luck

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 12:34 AM, Mike Crean <mike.crean at ...2897...> wrote:

> Correction to my last. For those that are interested
> complements of Wikipedia
>
> International Morse code is
> composed of five elements:
>         1. short mark, dot or "dit" (·) -- "dot duration" is one time unit
> long
>         2. longer mark, dash or "dah" (-) -- three time units long
>         3. inter-element gap between the dots and dashes within a
> character -- one dot duration or one unit long
>         4. short gap (between letters) -- three time units long
>         5. medium gap (between words) -- seven time units long[1]
> Morse code can be transmitted in
> a number of ways: originally as electrical pulses along a telegraphwire,
> but also as an audio tone, a radio signal with short and long tones, or
> as a mechanical, audible or visual signal (e.g. a flashing light) using
> devices
> like an Aldis
> lampor a heliograph, a common flashlight, or even a car horn. Some
> mine rescues have used pulling on a rope - a short pull for a dot and a
> long
> pull for a dash.
> Morse code is transmitted using
> just two states (on and off). Historians have called it the first
> digitalcode. Strictly speaking it is not binary, as there are five
> fundamental
> elements (see quinary).
> However, this does not mean Morse code cannot be represented as a binary
> code.
> In an abstract sense, this is the function that telegraph operators perform
> when transmitting messages. Working from the above definitions and further
> defining a "unit" as a bit, we can visualize any Morse code sequence as a
> combination of
> the following five elements:
>         1. short mark, dot or "dit" (·) -- 1
>         2. longer mark, dash or "dah" (-) -- 111
>         3. intra-character gap (between the dots and dashes within a
> character) -- 0
>         4. short gap (between letters) -- 000
>         5. medium gap (between words) -- 0000000
> Note that this method assumes
> that dits and dahs are always separated by dot duration gaps, and that
> gaps are
> always separated by dits and dahs.
>

> On Friday, 7 February 2014 4:25 PM, Mike Crean <mike.crean at ...2897...>
> wrote:
>
> So how about di, di, dit, dar,dar,dar
>

> On Friday, 7 February 2014 3:53 PM, Ru Vuott <vuott at ...325...> wrote:
>
> "morse code  sound" ....a kind of bip bip ?

> Ven 7/2/14, Dirk <yodi at ...18...> ha scritto:
>
> Oggetto: [Gambas-user] morse code  sound ?
> A: Gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
> Data: Venerdì 7 febbraio 2014, 04:24
>
> Hi,
>

> can create with gambas morse code  sound ?

> Dirk

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?