[Gambas-user] ncurses help texts missing

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Feb 4 21:43:05 CET 2014

On Tue, 04 Feb 2014, Tobias Boege wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Feb 2014, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:

> > > Yes, that's right.

> > > The help just isn't written. The component itself didn't change since 3.3 or
> > > so. Not that I am totally confident with it but it's working as it should at
> > > this point.
> > >
> > > Some things missing (actually, the whole menu and forms extensions of
> > > ncurses and wide character support!), etc. and I also want to add a
> > > gb.ncurses.cdk component based on the CDK library which implements controls
> > > in terminal but I have to design this carefully - and maybe even break
> > > gb.ncurses' API (very slightly if at all!). This is why I'm stuck programming
> > > and if the programming isn't done, I struggle to do the documentation :-)
> > >
> > > There are gb.ncurses examples: Pong and Invaders (the last one still not
> > > finished in regard to game logic) in the Games section. But if you told me
> > > that these don't help gb.ncurses newbies, I would agree...
> > >
> > > I'm actually not that fit anymore with gb.ncurses :-) but today afternoon
> > > I'll put some lines together about the basics.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Tobi
> > >
> > > And now off to the Linear Algebra test ;-)
> > >

> > Uuuuh - good luck!
> >
> > Just give me some hint how to start, and we could write some help texts
> > and little examples. Although I don't have too much time right now, I
> > would be able to help out a bit here...
> >

> Wait a minute (or one or two hours, more likely). I'm halfways through a
> quite comprehensive tutorial about basic usage:
>
>  - printing text,
>  - using attributes and colours,
>  - creating dialogs.

Almost everything is in place here[0]. With the last little paragraph, I'll
continue tomorrow as it's time for a break now. I've also prepared a project
containing all the snippets presented which I will complete and upload
tomorrow, too. Hope it helps.

Note that I needed to fix some bugs I encountered while putting the code
together so you better use the latest revision to test ;-)

Regards,
Tobi

[0] http://gambasdoc.org/help/tutorial/ncursestut?v3