[Gambas-user] Gambas translator behaviour (expected or bug?)

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Dec 30 23:04:12 CET 2014

Le 30/12/2014 14:57, Willy Raets a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering next about the Gambas translator:
> When importing .po files send to me by a translator, only the empty
> strings get imported.
> If a translator has changed a earlier translated string to a more
> correct translation these modified strings do NOT get imported because
> there is already an earlier translated string present that needs the
> corrected string instead.
>
> Is this expected behaviour or a bug?
>
> For now I work around this by deleting the entire translation for the
> specific language and next importing the .po file.
>
> Note that I am using Gambas 3.5.4 and didn't test this for Gambas 3.6.x
> So maybe this behaviour is no longer.

It is the expected behaviour, because the import feature was done just
to get not yet translated strings from other translation files. Not for
importing a new translation.

Maybe I should add a "replace existing translations" option?

--
Benoît Minisini