[Gambas-user] Playing MIDI file by using gb.SDL2.audio

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Tue Dec 30 20:21:51 CET 2014

Hi,
with rev. 6779 I saw the new resource to play audio files.

Well, I would point out that, we can allow the execution also Midi files, but it is necessary to implement the Class "Music" function

       Mix_SetSoundFonts (const char * paths);

(from file header: SDL_mixer.h)

       * Next set ... SoundFonts paths to use by MIDI supported backends * /
       extern int declspec SDLCALL Mix_SetSoundFonts (const char * paths);

In substance, the argument of the function provides the path where soundbank file " .sf2 " is stored.

Regards
vuott

P.S: I have already done work in Gambas with external SDL2 functions declared by using "Extern" !
It works.