[Gambas-user] Custom mouse cursor

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Thu Dec 18 13:37:50 CET 2014

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014, Francis Payne wrote:

> Hi all - I note that the online documentation mentions that the Mouse
> property of a component can be "custom", as in the example given :
>
> Const custom as integer = -2
>

> The Properties panel in the IDE doesn't list 'Custom', however, at least
> not in Gambas 3.5.2
>
> Is the Custom property still available ? If so, how do you attach the
> custom cursor to a component ?

One can see from what you quoted above, that Custom never was a property. It
is a *constant* which you need to assign to the Control.Mouse property in
order to enable a custom cursor. You then use the Control.Cursor property to
define it, e.g. (not tested!)

  Public Sub Form_Open()
    myLabel.Mouse = Mouse.Custom
    myLabel.Cursor = New Cursor(Picture["icon:/32/apply"])
  End

when myLabel is a Label on your form.

Regards,
Tobi