[Gambas-user] IDE CR/LF bug with improperly indented comment line after If...Then...Else...Endif

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Dec 11 22:42:40 CET 2014

Le 11/12/2014 08:54, Kevin Fishburne a écrit :
> If you have an If...Then...Else...Endif block where there is an
> improperly indented comment line after the initial If, pressing Enter at
> the end of the If line will mistakenly insert and Endifbelow it.Example:
>
>     ' Check if ship is player ship.
>     If Ship[ShipIndex].Type = 0 Then
>     ' Play player ship firing sound effect.
>       AudioCreate("laser_3.wav", Bullet[BulletIndex].PositionX,
> Bullet[BulletIndex].PositionY, Bullet[BulletIndex].PositionZ, 0.15, 0, 0)
>     Else
>       ' Play NPC ship firing sound effect.
>       AudioCreate("laser_2.wav", Bullet[BulletIndex].PositionX,
> Bullet[BulletIndex].PositionY, Bullet[BulletIndex].PositionZ, 0.5, 0, 0)
>     Endif
>
> Becomes this when pressing Enter after the initial "Then":
>
>     ' Check if ship is player ship.
>     If Ship[ShipIndex].Type = 0 Then
>
>     Endif
>     ' Play player ship firing sound effect.
>       AudioCreate("laser_3.wav", Bullet[BulletIndex].PositionX,
> Bullet[BulletIndex].PositionY, Bullet[BulletIndex].PositionZ, 0.15, 0, 0)
>     Else
>       ' Play NPC ship firing sound effect.
>       AudioCreate("laser_2.wav", Bullet[BulletIndex].PositionX,
> Bullet[BulletIndex].PositionY, Bullet[BulletIndex].PositionZ, 0.5, 0, 0)
>     Endif
>
> Minor issue, but every time a bug dies an angel gets its wings.

It's not really a bug. Anyway I fix it in revision #6719 by ignoring
comment lines when analysing the indentation to decide if the control
structure must be completed or not.

Benoît Minisini