[Gambas-user] Questions about compiler options

Tue Dec 9 21:32:19 CET 2014

> > What "define the 'Exec' preprocessor constant" means? Is there some
> > undocumented Exec constant?
>
> Yes. This is used by the IDE when compiling the entire project to make
> an executable. Don't use it in your programs.

OK. I'm trying to figure out easy way to test JIT with my GambasTester.
But I would need to exclude some code when JIT is in use.

>  No, because by default there is no debugging information. When you
> compile from the IDE, the '-g' option is automatically added, unless
> when making an executable where you have an option to not generate them.
> But then you lose detailed backtraces when an error occurs.

I tested this with following code:

#If Debug
Print "Test!!"
#Endif

$ gbc3
OK

$ gbx3
Test!!

Something wrong with the code I used to test this?

Jussi