[Gambas-user] Project already open... but it isn't.

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Dec 1 20:33:41 CET 2014

Le 01/12/2014 19:51, Stephen a écrit :
>     What is GAMBAS looking at/for when it attempts to load a project in
> order to pop up the warning that it "seems to be already opened"? I've
> been hunting around for lock files and/or other flotsam that might have
> been left over from an IDE crash but see nothing *obvious*.

Unless you are converting a Gambas 2 project, you get this message if
the IDE was unable to acquire a lock on the ".lock" file located in the
project with the LOCK instruction (you can look at the source code if
you want the detail).

Several possible reasons:

1) Another IDE has already opened the project and acquired the lock.

2) Maybe some right problems. If you open the project the first time as
root, I guess the .lock file is for root only. So if you open it again
with a normal user, the lock fails.

3) Device is full, the lock file cannot be added.

If I have time, I will write code to analyze the lock failure. At the
moment, I print a message corresponding to the most common failure reason.

Benoît Minisini