[Gambas-user] An utility component for Gambas

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Dec 1 14:48:59 CET 2014

Hi,

I'd like to create a 'gb.util' component, written in Gambas, to collect
useful non-GUI programming routines that can't go directly into the
interpreter because it would make it too heavy.

For example:

- Creating a directory and all its parent.

- Removing accents from an UTF-8 string.

- A CsvFile class to read CSV files easily.

- Removing a directory recursively.

- Moving a file or a directory, whether source and destination are on
the same device or not.

If you have ideas, just drop them. And better, uf you have code, and are
agree to share it, modify it, maintain it, you are welcome!

The difficulty will be to find the best interface (class name, method
name, where to put it) for that.

For example, for the removing accents method, I extended the String
class. Logical... For directory methods, I created a new Shell static
class...

I'm waiting for your comments!

P.S. The gambas fram client is more and more polished. Don't hesitate to
play with it. The more tests, the sooner it will be released. I want to
release Gambas 3.7 as soon as it is ready, even if there is not a lot of
other changes in Gambas.

Benoît Minisini