[Gambas-user] Issue 540 in gambas: gb.net.smtp doesn't work with e.g. smtp.gmail.com, responses aren't handled properly (timing issue)

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sat Aug 23 17:41:09 CEST 2014

On za, 2014-08-02 at 18:26 +0200, Alexie wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
>
> I have tested it with the TRUNK and copying in the "SmtpClient" code into
> the stable 3.5.3/3.5.4 and it works fine with the stable, but the same code
> signal-11 on the TRUNK. So it isn't a bug in the new SmtpClient, so best to
> revert #6410 i think.
>
> Regards,
> Alex

I had some trouble with gb.smtp as well.
The user authentication never worked (Tested on Gambas 3.4.x and 3.5.x)

Today I run an application on Gambas 3.5.90 - rev.#4616
Well the user authentication works out of the box.

So, I am hoping that the new gb.smtp component will be back ported to
Gambas 3.5 series (as that seems to be no problem according to above
post).

Is there any change this will happen?

--
Kind regards,