[Gambas-user] R: Key events don't work on gb.gtk

Stephen sbungay at ...3301...
Fri Aug 22 13:22:10 CEST 2014

On 08/22/2014 06:21 AM, Jesus wrote:
> El 22/08/14 a las #4, Benoît Minisini escribió:

>>> It works fine here. Can you provide IDE information about your system
>>> where it fails?
>>>
>> I need that, because in the GTK+ library provided with Ubuntu 14.04, key
>> press events are internally raised twice: one is normal, the other has
>> an undocumented modifier mask set.
>>
>> I don't know if it is related to the GTK+ version, to an Ubuntu specific
>> change, to the X11 input method...
>>
>> So I need to find what the difference is between your system and ours (I
>> mean those where key events are raised as expected).
>>
>> Regards,
>>
> Well, sorry for the delay. Here it is:
>
> [System]
> Gambas=3.5.90
> OperatingSystem=Linux
> Kernel=3.13.0-24-generic
> Architecture=x86_64
> Distribution=Linux Mint 17 Qiana
> Desktop=XFCE
> Theme=QGtk
> Language=es_ES.UTF-8
> Memory=16032M
> [Libraries]
> Cairo=libcairo.so.0.0.0
> Cairo=libcairo.so.2.11301.0
> Curl=libcurl.so.4.3.0
> DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.7.6
> GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0
> GStreamer=libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.204.0
> GTK+3=libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8
> GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.23
> OpenGL=libGL.so.1.2.0
> Poppler=libpoppler.so.44.0.0
> Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.6
> SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4
>
> Linux Mint 17 is based on Ubuntu 14.04, but it's smarter IMO.
>
> I must say that it was firstly tested on an older setup, Mint 14
> Cinnamon, IIRC, and results were the same.
>
> As I said before, current stable Gambas works as expected (at least in
> my simple test) but recent changes in trunk don't raise events anymore.
>
> I know about GTK being a nightmare upstream, so good luck!
>
> Regards

   I had this problem as well with 3.5.9 running under F20 using Mate.
Only alternative I had was to go back to 3.5.4 where that functionality
works as expected.

--
Kindest Regards
Stephen A. Bungay, Prop.