[Gambas-user] Sqlite3 Driver changed?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Fri Aug 15 12:15:33 CEST 2014

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014, Jorge Carri??n wrote:
> Since a lot of time I've been using this code with Sqlite3 databases in
> order to identify the keys and other information about Sqlite3 tables.
>
> dim rs as result
>
> rs = rsDatos.Connection.exec("PRAGMA table_info(`" & tabla & "`)")
>

> It have been working right from several years.
> Now It returns a not Available Result with 0 fields
>
> Someone knows if something has changed on sqlite3 driver?

The answer depends. Quite some things changed in the driver since 2006
apparently -- not so many recently. If you have a look at the commit logs,
the last 2 things done in gb.db.sqlite3 were:

--8<-----------------------------------------------------------------------
r6230 | gambas | 2014-04-05 23:22:43 +0200 (Sat, 05 Apr 2014) | 5 lines

[CONFIGURATION]
* NEW: Do not use deprecated autoconf macros anymore.
* NEW: The version information is now located in the 'version.m4' file in
  the source root directory.

r5977 | gambas | 2013-12-03 15:36:19 +0100 (Tue, 03 Dec 2013) | 3 lines

[GB.DB.SQLITE3]
* BUG: Fix crash due to last commit.

So except for a configuration file change, the last work was in late 2013.
But only you know what your last working Gambas version was, so only you can
find out what exactly changed...

Also, if you didn't do it yet, check the database with the sqlite3 program
so that we can rule out a corrupted database as the cause. If your database
is OK, it could be a bug. And as always it would help to send a project
which shows the behaviour.

Regards,
Tobi