[Gambas-user] Issue 548 in gambas: complete code of htttp post example

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Thu Aug 14 16:45:08 CEST 2014

Comment #7 on issue 548 by mckayger... at ...626...: complete code of htttp
post example
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=548

From: Dimitris Anogiatis <dosida at ...626...>
> I'm not sure there is a need for a re-write.
> Just some comments to explain what the code does.
In the client side for made request are easy..
but in the server side novice developer need to tune some things

> For example on the button_click event you send the parameters
> for the webservice POST and the actual message you are sending
> is contained in the sCad string and the message target is set in
> the URL property (ie P.URL="http://myserver/myphpscript.php).
That what u said are for the case of xmlrcp combined with post exqmple
bug the bug focused on a clean post only and single example
> Now if you want to make a normal POST call to a web form
> you need to change the message sent in sCad; if for example
> you have 2 fields name and email the message becomes:

> sCad="name=test1&email=test1 at ...3366...".
> changes from "text/xml" to "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
that's the case for post only example, and the actual example in gambas3
mixed the two things

> I hope this helps (and doesn't confuse you more).
i'm no more confused now since some mails ago, but in the beginning a lot!