[Gambas-user] Issue 548 in gambas: complete code of htttp post example

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Tue Aug 12 20:31:52 CEST 2014

Comment #5 on issue 548 by tabo... at ...626...: complete code of htttp post
example
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=548

Can you get hold of the source code? I cannot[*] and reality is that there
are web services you won't get the sources for. If you can for this
example, I'll add a link to it in the project description. There is no need
to include the PHP (or whatever) source of something in a Gambas project,
especially of something that doesn't belong to the Gambas project _at all_.

It's as simple as Randall said: the source code of the web service you are
calling is of no real value to you as a Gambas developer. It may be in your
learning process about how CGI works but this is not the main point of a
Gambas example for gb.net.curl. I don't know what Benoit thought when
setting the WontFix status but this would be about my rationale. How did
Caveat's answer help you anyway? It didn't include source code of the
services he called either...?

And about a new HTTP POST example: I'm for it; this XMLRPC stuff is not the
topic I would immediately present as an HTTP POST example (maybe as a
second one). I look forward to your example. Also, my other suggestion [1]
on gambas-user seems to be slipped through uncommented. Maybe you read it
and tell me what you think.

Regards,
Tobi

[*] I grep'd through their repository and searched through pages that
google thought were related. The only thing I can _guess_ is that the
script may be somehow similar to the thing developed during the course of
this tutorial[0].

[0] http://tldp.org/HOWTO/XML-RPC-HOWTO/
[1] http://sourceforge.net/p/gambas/mailman/message/32699881/

PS:

>> PHP Code is simply a web script and while I have not seen
>> the code, it is of no real value to a Gambas Developer.
> "simple", "not real value", umm it's clearly that u do not use the
> behavior of
> that >case example... please if u do not know do not make noise

I feel a little uncomfortable when a new person impolitely (!) rejects the
advise of someone who had been around the project for much longer. (This is
my personal opinion only and I cannot accuse you morally on its basis; feel
free to ignore this point.) I just hope I'm not making noise too...