[Gambas-user] Ubuntu 14.04 update and Gambas executables

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed Apr 30 23:28:39 CEST 2014

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014, Keith Clark wrote:
> After a recent update to Ubuntu 14.04 on a couple of my computers, I can
> no longer execute my GAMBAS programs.  No errors are given, they are
> just not executable anymore.  Ubuntu does not seem to know what to do
> with them.
>
> They are not project files, but executables.  This happened on two
> different machines where those executables were used on a daily basis
> for years before this upgrade.

Sorry, I have no idea about Ubuntu but I think a blind guess is better than
nothing...?

First: What do you mean by "no errors are given"? Did you click on some icon
and nothing showed up? Or did you execute gbx3/gbr3 from terminal and it
went away silently (because that would be really bad).

Could you try to reinstall Gambas on top of that upgrade? Maybe some mime
information got overwritten accidentally?

Regards,
Tobi