[Gambas-user] Isn't "Allegro" cheerful with Gambas ?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed Apr 30 22:20:07 CEST 2014

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014, Ru Vuott wrote:
> Hello,
>
> ...following "Allegro4" API guide, I wrote an little application in C language (here attached) to play an audio file WAV.
> ***The application works regularly.***
>
> I tried to transpose that C code in "Gambas code" (here attached), but... it does not work. I don't understand why.
>
> What confuses me most is: if I compile that C code like a "shared library" .so, and then I use it by calling with Gambas, very strangely the "shared library" doesn't work.
>

> To sum up:
> - using via Terminal or via Gambas with "Shell" function the C compiled code, it works.
> - compiling that C code like a "shared library" .so and then calling it via Gambas with "Shell" function, it doesn't work;

As Jussi said, you need to give us the command you used to "compile like
a shared library" because you may have done it wrong...

> - using external "Allegro4" functions via pure Gambas code, it doesn't work;
>
> Maybe... has anyone an idea why... ?   :-X

Concerning the general idea: I know allegro (version 5, though) a little
bit and I think you should really write an actual C component for Gambas
programs to interface with. That would save you one or the other problem
in the long term.

Regards,
Tobi