[Gambas-user] Feature request: absolute C data type equivalents and native type aliasing

Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro oitofelix at ...181...
Sun Apr 27 02:23:14 CEST 2014

Em Sat, 26 Apr 2014 13:06:27 +0200
Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> escreveu:

> I don't want to discourage you, but I think XLib will not be used
> anymore in a few years because of Wayland. :-/

Well, we can't be sure whether Xlib will fall into desuse.  And even if
that does happen I'll write a Wayland Gambas component when the
time has come, and that's not now. ;-) Anyway, Xlib programs will still
be runnable in Wayland environments for the foreseeable future by some
compatibility layer.  Also, at the unlikely worst possible case, maybe
it's worth to write a component that will still be useful for a few
years from now.

Would you accept, in the main Gambas' distribution, a well written and
documented Xlib component?

> Use the "Pointer" datatype each time you see a long. It has the same
> behaviour.

I'd like to avoid such ugly hacks, but I guess I haven't many
options. :-(

> I can't add any native datatype to Gambas at the moment. You must
> wait for something like Gambas 4. :-)

How long do I have to wait? :-P  How can I help you?

Thank you for your time.

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;