[Gambas-user] How to overcome: Bytecode too recent. Please upgrade Gambas

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Thu Apr 3 12:42:00 CEST 2014

On Thu, 03 Apr 2014, Vasilis Kanatas wrote:
> Actually, I run the project and it stops when loading the first class with
>
> Cannot load class "Arxiki". Bytecode too recent. Please upgrade Gambas.
>
> I deleted all compiled files in the project (I suppose they are the class~
> files ) and still get the same message.
> I also deleted every other file except for the .form and .class files, and
> still the same!
> (My project is from gambas 2.0, so it has two folders)

*~ are backups, not compiled files. There are actually at least three ways
to force recompilation:

(1) Go to IDE and hit the "Compile all" button
(2) Open a terminal, cd into your project's directory and do
      $ gbc3 -a
(3) Open a terminal, cd into your project's directory and do
      $ rm -rf .gambas
    (in there are the compiled classes) and then try to run the project from
    the IDE normally. This is exactly what the IDE does for you in (1).

Regards,
Tobi