[Gambas-user] DataControl Validation

Nigel Verity nigelverity at ...67...
Tue Apr 1 15:21:18 CEST 2014

Hi

I have posted a couple of questions recently on using the data-bound controls. My long-term aim is to design some template applications, combining Gambas3 with Sqlite, to fill the role of MS Access on Linux for creating "quick and simple" databases. LibreOffice Base is such a poor tool for developing database applications, I am convinced that Gambas provides a much more effective platform.

The .validate() procedure on the datacontrol enables values to be tested and modified before saving. If the validation rules require that the record save be abandoned, this is achieved very simply using the STOP EVENT statement. However, this causes the display of a message box showing "Invalid value". Is it possible to suppress this message box or to modify its text?

I am using 3.1.1 on Debian.

Thanks

Nige