[Gambas-user] Issue 464 in gambas: Locale Format Not Useable

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Sat Sep 28 22:44:58 CEST 2013

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 464 by 2aq9j93... at ...2320...: Locale Format Not Useable
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=464

1) Describe the problem.
As per 'The Canadian Style' book I have setup my 12 hour time as a.m./p.m..
The closest my Gambas3 can come to it is >>> 4:30:45 a./p. <<<. My Kubuntu
is setup as Canada and everything in Kubuntu that displays the time uses
a.m./p.m. such at >>> 4:30:45 p.m. <<< in the panel clock.

My Gambas3 reports the language to be en_US but I cannot see anyway of
changing it if that is the problem.

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION (if they are appropriate):
[System]
Operating System=Linux
Kernel=3.2.0-53-generic-pae
Architecture=x86
Distribution=Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS
Desktop=KDE4
Theme=Oxygen
Language=en_US.UTF-8
Memory=6023M

[Libraries]
GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.10
Poppler=libpoppler.so.19.0.0
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.2
SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.3

3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.
Not really applicable

4) If your project needs a database, try to provide it, or part of it.
n/a

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.
1. Set the locale to en_CA
2. Set the am/pm format as a.m. and p.m.
3. Print the time in 12 hour time

6) By doing that carefully, you have done 50% of the bug fix job!

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you encounter several different problems or bugs, (for
example, a bug in your project, and an interpreter crash while debugging
it), please create distinct issues!