[Gambas-user] gb.Chart capabilities

Fernando Martins fernando at ...3175...
Fri Sep 27 09:00:57 CEST 2013

in my understanding it is gb.chart, because:

- it is somewhat more general than "plot" (which used to be more related
to dot based graphs). plot is also associated with planning

- "graph" would be semantically correct but it is ambiguous with the
data structure made of nodes connected by edges. Since it is conceivable
to have a a gb component for this data structure, and this data
structure is mostly known as  "graph" ("net" is an alternative but I
think very uncommon). Translations of "graph" also creates problems
leading to the meaning of images.

- "chart" conflicts with "map", but then "map" could always be used for
a gambas map component.