[Gambas-user] Signal 11 when making pdf using gb.cairo

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 21 20:56:36 CEST 2013

Le 21/09/2013 14:15, Willy Raets a écrit :
> On Sat, 2013-09-21 at 00:24 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> Le 17/09/2013 18:44, Willy Raets a écrit :
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have this strange problem in one of my projects.
>>> When placing an image on the PdfSurface I get strange things happening.
>>> In the project when the image is smaller than 280 x 390 it is on the
>>> pdf. When the image is just 5 pixels more in either width, height or
>>> both I get a signal 11.
>>>
>>> I tried to reproduce the problem in a small project (see attachment).
>>> Only now, even if the image is smaller than 280 x 390 (tried with both a
>>> 210 x 210 and a 150 x 150 image) the signal 11 appears!
>>> I'm not getting this, as the code is the same (copy paste from original
>>> project and deleted some unneeded variables and changed some paths
>>> that's all)
>>>
>>> I'm using two different methods of adding the image.
>>>
>>> 1. Using:
>>> Cairo.Source = Cairo.ImagePattern(Image.Load("Icons/silhouts-150.png"),
>>> 20, 150)
>>> Cairo.Paint()
>>>
>>> 2. Using:
>>> Cairo.Source = Cairo.ImagePattern(Image.Load("Icons/silhout.png"))
>>> Cairo.Rectangle(20, 22, 560, 790)
>>> Cairo.Fill()
>>>
>>> The first one I used before in another project and works just fine there
>>> (images there are no bigger than 128 x 128, never had any trouble).
>>>
>>> The second one is because I aim at putting a watermark on the page of
>>> the pdf, hence using a rectangle to fill with the image.
>>> I get the second one working in the original project if image is no
>>> bigger than 280 x 390, but I need it bigger.
>>>
>>> Images in the Icons folder of attached projects are:
>>> silhouts-150.png -> 150 x 150
>>> silhouts-210.png -> 210 x 210
>>> silhout.png -> 560 x 790
>>>
>>> Am I seriously overlooking something and gone a bit blind...?
>>> Or is something else happening?
>>> Hope someone has answers...
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Everything should be fixed in revision #5846. Can you confirm?
>
> Yes Benoît I can confirm that it is fixed.
>
> Is it possible for me to patch the fix to the current 3.4.2 version?
> I really need this working a.s.a.p. at my work situation (and there I'm
> not running a trunk version)
> If so, how do I patch current 3.4.2 with the changes made?

I'm almost sure that you can workaround the bug by storing the image
into a global variable before using it with Cairo.ImagePattern().

Tell me if it works for you, otherwise I will see what I can do.

Benoît Minisini